Accurately control one bipolar stepper motor with this controller. This board comes with a number of safety features.
The 1067 – PhidgetStepper Bipolar HC allows you to control the position, velocity, and acceleration of one bipolar stepper motor. This is the product you want to use to control larger industrial steppers or for applications that need a lot of torque.
The 1067 can also be used in applications that require very precise positioning. It uses micro-stepping at all times to ensure smooth acceleration.
This board is USB isolated, protecting your system from ground loops, and comes with a built-in replacable ATP Blade Terminal fuse to protect against an over-current scenario.
The 1067 replaces our previous bipolar stepper controller, the 1063_1 - PhidgetStepper Bipolar 1-Motor. The following features have changed:
- Increased maximum velocity and acceleration, allowing you to drive your stepper motor even faster
- Increased available motor current for larger motors
- Added safety features such as power isolation and a fuse for surge protection
- Now micro-steps at all speeds for smoother acceleration
- Removed motor current sensing
- Removed digital inputs
|API Object Name||Stepper|
|Motor Type||Bipolar Stepper|
|Number of Motor Ports||1|
|Motor Position Resolution||1⁄16 Step (40-Bit Signed)|
|Position Max||± 1E+15 1/16 steps|
|Stepper Velocity Resolution||1 1/16 steps/sec|
|Stepper Velocity Max||250000 1/16 steps/sec|
|Stepper Acceleration Resolution||1 1/16 steps/sec²|
|Stepper Acceleration Min||2 1/16 steps/sec²|
|Stepper Acceleration Max||1E+07 1/16 steps/sec²|
|Available Current per Coil Max||4 A|
|Supply Voltage Min||10 V DC|
|Supply Voltage Max||30 V DC|
|Current Consumption Min||25 mA|
|USB Speed||Full Speed|
|Power Jack||5.5 x 2.1mm Center Positive|
|Recommended Wire Size (Motor Terminal)||12 to 26 AWG|
|Recommended Wire Size (Power Terminal)||12 to 26 AWG|
|Operating Temperature Min||-20 °C|
|Operating Temperature Max||85 °C|
If you need motors, we do carry a good selection of Bipolar stepper motors.
If you need a replacement fuse, you can buy a 3700 - Fuse Kit.
- 3082 – Power Supply 12VDC 5.0A (North American style plug)
- 3081 – Power Supply 12VDC 5.0A (European style plug)
- 3083 – Power Supply 12VDC 5.0A (UK style plug)
- 3080 – Power Supply 12VDC 5.0A (Australian style plug)
- 3086 – Power Supply 24VDC 1.0A (North American style plug)
- A 3018 - Mini-USB Cable 180cm
- A Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts (M3), 4 plastic spacers)
- A 5 Amp ATP Blade Terminal fuse
We do not carry enclosures for the 1067_0, because motor controllers are prone to overheating when kept in enclosed spaces for extended periods of time with no airflow.
|Make sure the power supply is unplugged before attaching or removing wires from the terminal blocks. Failure to do so could cause permanent damage to the PhidgetStepper board.
When using larger motors with heavy loads or high speeds, you should take caution because the back EMF generated when stalling or changing directions could damage the motor controller. As a rule of thumb, if the kinetic energy of your application exceeds 10 joules, you are at risk of damaging the controller. Feel free to contact us for advice for such applications.